Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Allison - Blog 10

SOLOMON R. GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM

Architect: Frank Lloyd Wright


It looks like we have two buildings in one; I am not quite sure if the tall brown building is also part of the museum. I think the museum is very different from his other buildings, I do not see plants around it or coming out of corners, which gives it a very modern, but not nature friendly look. The shape and form of the spiral, and how it connects to the more rectangular part of the structure is quite intriguing. I am not sure if this is of any relevance, but I like the positioning of the building in that location.


Looking at the inside, I noticed the structure of the building in all its beauty. Museums are for people to come, and see the exhibits, but the buiding itself is quite an attraction. The building is very bold and distinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment