Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Indihar blog-14


McCasland Tower of the Adams Dorm here at OU. McCasland will always have a special place in my heart. Even though Adams is perceived has the worst out of three, at least when I lived there, because it was home to the burger king, not the Canes that it is now, but also because they are individual towers and only have communal areas on the 12th floor. Luckily for me I lived on the twelfth floor. Which meant only half our floor had dorms. There was only 10 girls who lived on my hall and we became extremely close. It was a nice feeling being comfortable in the dorms since when originally coming to OU I knew no one. OU made the transition from high school to college fairly easy. 

I look at those towers and remember pulling my first all nighters studying for Chemistry, having to sleep on the public couches because I lost my ID card or Keys (this happened more then once), staying up all night talking to strangers that I had just met about their different experiences growing up, getting ready to go out with the girls in my all everyone having their doors open and going back and forth borrow clothes and accessories. Living in the dorms opened me up to so many different kinds of people and cultures that my hometown didn't have. It was an experience ill never forget and always cherish.

Living in McCasland tested me in ways that I never knew possible. My first year at OU I found out who I want to be and starting reaching towards it. Now that I'm moving away from norman in a month its causing me to reflect over the past for years here and I couldn't be happier about the experiences and what I have learned here at OU. 


No comments:

Post a Comment