Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Allison - Blog 16

BETH SHOLOM CONGREGATION

Architect: Frank Lloyd Wright


This building has a lot going on, and I personally think that it looks like a modified pyramid. It is not very balanced, and it reminds me of the Physical Science building on our campus. The architecture is very unique, and after doing my research, I guess it was designed like that for a reason. The congregation looks very big on the inside, so the “pyramid” shape helps the sitting arrangement in the congregation. This goes to show that some buildings are basically designed to perform a particular function, and not just look nice.  It looks like he maximized the land space he had. It is just a tad bit weird that I would associate pyramid with burials and sacrifice, yet this structure represents worship and praise. Regardless of that, it looks quite majestic, but I don't really like it or find it too aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment