Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hu shi Building 1

This is Flatiron Building, located at 175 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City. In one TV show people called it "one of the world's most iconic skyscrapers, and a quintessential symbol of New York City". However, at the beginning not all the sounds were compliment. The New York Tribune called the new building "A stingy piece of pie ... the greatest inanimate troublemaker in New York," while the Municipal Art Society said that it was "Unfit to be in the Center of the City." (Treasures of New York City: The Flatiron Building (TV, 2014) . )The New York Times called it a "monstrosity". For me, I like this building, and it is amazing. I hear a lot about this building, the first time I saw it was 2012 winter. I went to see it even before Statue of Liberty. I like the things different with others in the good way. Flatiron Building looks different with all the building around it, but there is no concordant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment