Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Meacham - Blog 15





Another building I thought I would talk about is the Bizzell Library here on campus. I find this building to probably be the most interesting on OU’s campus. This is because of the fact that if you look at it from one side you would never think the other side was actually the same building. The original library building is the “Cherokee Gothic” style you see all over campus, however from the other side, it kind of looks like a bad contemporary take on the “Cherokee Gothic” style. I really love the look of the original library building, but I think the newer building that was connected to the original is pretty ugly. Some people say they actually like the building because it’s so different, but I just see it as an eye sore. The contemporary look with the odd uniform edges really stands out compared to the surrounding buildings and with the clock tower out in front, it does so even ore. If they would have built the building the way the original was built, I would say we might have one of the coolest university libraries in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment