Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tow - Blog 14







This is the Sarkeys Energy building located at the Northeast area of campus, and second to Catlett, is where I spend most of my day. My major is chemical engineering, and this is where a majority of our major-specific classes are held. However, the tall building you see isn't used by the CBME department, that is for the Earth Sciences/Petroleum Engineering people. CMBE, Chemicals, Biological, and Materials Engineering, is located on the southern end of the complex between floors 1-3. Once you understand the layout, the building is actually quite nice to experience. It is, however, a bit of a labyrinth, especially on the bottom floor, when you first see it. The inside of the building is almost juxtaposed. The Earth Sciences side of the complex is very nice with an embellished library and many displays of rocks/minerals/fossils. The CBME side is kind of just functional without much visual appeal at all. The outside of the building is a nice red brick color and I like the shape of the building even though it looks pretty standard. I have been spending increasing amounts of time in the building since this past Spring when I started my undergraduate research. I'm studying surfactant adsorption on functionalized surfaces using molecular dynamics. Hopefully early in the Fall, some of the work I've been assisting my research professor with will be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment