Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tow - Blog 15



This is a picture of the apartment complex I currently live at, Traditions East. This apartment complex is run by the University of Oklahoma and is located on Asp, just North of the Baseball field. I have lived here since August 2014. The benefit of the apartment is that the utilities are unlimited, which means that my three roommates and I keep the apartment at 68 degrees. The outside of the building is fine, but I don't like how many bugs will pile up at the entrance to the apartment. The interior of the apartments are decent, but lack much of a living space. The bathroom hallway is much too big in my opinion, and that space could possibly go towards a larger living room. The aspect of the apartment complex that I dislike the most is the construction of a storm shelter that has been occurring since the beginning of final's week this past Fall. This construction has removed the parking lot right outside of my building, making me walk to my car further than intended. Normally this is just a minor inconvenience and even good since it makes me walk more, but the fact that I have to travel quite a ways with bags in my hand when grocery shopping, or if I just got a new office chair, or anything to that effect has negatively impacted my experience with the complex. The storm shelter is also an eyesore, a massive concrete block immediately West of my apartment. Will be moving into a new apartment complex this August and hopefully I will have a better experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment