Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tow - Blog 13



 This is the Catlett Music Center located on the Northwest corner of the OU campus. I have spent quite a bit of time in this building, since I participate in the Pride, Hornsemble, Symphony Band, and Concert Band. The first time I saw this building the thing that caught my eyes wasn't the tall glass windows, but rather the triangular facades. I wondered why they were there. Upon inspection I think they are just there for aesthetic purposes because I can't think of any other function they serve. I really enjoy the part of the building you immediately experience as you walk in. Big open space with an organ that is usually being played by someone, which resonates quite well in that foyer area. The rest of the building I could care less for. It's a bit of a maze and the carpet doesn't do much for me. I know a lot of people appreciate the parking garage next door more than the actual music building itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment