Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tow - Blog 12

A different design

My last blog about a earthship, designed by Michael Reynolds. This building is slightly different than some of the other earthships I have covered. This is similar in that is has that same honeycomb appearance as a few other of his earthships, but I think this one is more unique in that is looks like more of the building, than any of the others I saw, is underground. There was one previous earthship I had that looked like a portion of the building was covered in earth, but this building looks like it is primarily covered in earth with only walls, and what look like turrets/spires sticking out of the ground. The white color is funny in a way because to the left of the entrance you can see where the wall bubbles a bit, looks like those might be tires, and this reminds me of marshmallows. Despite being made out of a hard material, the building actually looks kind of soft and pliable to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment