Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Allison - Blog 15

THE WAYFARERS CHAPEL

Architect: Frank Lloyd Wright


When I first saw an image of the structure with a glance, I thought it was a painting.  The environment is pretty unique, it’s very unusual to see a chapel close the sea, I wouldn’t expect to find a chapel somewhere that could be far from the cities.  The environment definitely adds life, and a sense of peace to the structure. I see an unrefined theme going on here, but it still looks very organized. It looks like it could be used primarily for weddings. This chapel is actually right next to a cliff, and there are more breathtaking images of the building from different angles, but I couldn't get one with good quality. I really like the view.


I really enjoy how open the interior is. The structure lets in a lot of light, but still has enough shading to prevent it from being too much. The theme look so much in tune with nature that it is hard not to like it. It seems to me like a structure that embraces its surroundings, and promotes acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment