Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Meacham - Blog 13


Another one of Richard Meier’s designs is the City Tower in Prague, Czech Republic, which is the second tallest building in the country. Completed in 2008 it is one of Meier more later works and if you look back at his other works done in the past, you can see that his style kind of transformed with time. Personally I don’t find the building that appealing considering all that is seen here in the US in terms of contemporary style, however I could see how this building really changed the look of Prague considering their long history.  Its all glass look and white framing isn’t as intricate as his other works and is very dull comparatively. I don’t think the building is ugly by any means, I actually think its pretty solid, just when I compare it to his other works of art, I really don’t see this as being one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment