Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Allison - Blog 12

STORER HOUSE

Architect: Frank Lloyd Wright


He definitely used a lot of what seems to be stone blocks for this one, and that is what makes this building look so masculine, yet very elegant. I wonder if he was thinking of a particular landscape when he built this; it looks very sturdy and pronounced. At first, it looked very closed off, like you literally had to walk round the house to find the door. But I noticed that the door is just a little bit hidden. This doesn’t seem odd, as Frank Lloyd Wright has employed this style in some other of his structures such as the Taliesin.



I really like the warm tones that the colors give off. The choice of wood for this structure is really splendid. I also like the huge glass windows that seem to be letting in just the right amount of light. However, I don't like the fact that the ceiling is unlit. I noticed the same dining chairs that were also used in another of his buildings. They look elegant; it's sad that they're uncomfortable.


The simplistic nature of this building makes it more unique, this looks like something I would sketch if I were asked to sketch a house, but that is exactly what makes it unique. Trees are coming out from the little corners of the house, and you can see the beautiful lightings; the raw nature of the blocks makes it look very ancient yet the lighting and windows adds a modern feel to it.  I think you could compare this house to ancient Greek architecture. Mainly because of the obvious and very eye-catching columns. I like this picture because it is an actual adaptation that was constructed on Minecraft! Look at those rectangular clouds!

I'd like to live here...




No comments:

Post a Comment