Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Allensworth 12

This is the Phare Tower by Thom Mayne. I don't even know where to start with this building. I am not one for modern architecture, but WOW! This building was done so well and is gorgeous in its own way. What I like about this is its individuality. There is not a building I have ever seen that resembles this. I love looking at this and the surrounding buildings and how it just architecturally makes them look like nothing. Your eye is drawn directly to the tower. I also love the top of the building where you can see metal being finished off in a fraying manner. It looks as if this is a huge burning torch, one of those torches that is a constant burning flame. It seems to resemble a flam of architecture that will never go out. Like the eiffel tower this building is one of a kind, tall, eye catching and a destination to see, as it is so purposefully mastered to the skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment