Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Young- Blog 5



I've been to Washington, D.C. several times in my life. Each time, I've taken the same tours of monuments and government buildings- the Washington Monument, the capitol building, the White House. However, the one building that stuck in my mind each and every time I visited it was the Lincoln Memorial. Built in the same grand, Greek style as many other government buildings in the area, this memorial can only be described as a temple. For me, it exemplified the style, providing a way to experience Greek architecture without traveling overseas. Furthermore, the building itself is larger than life, with massive steps, columns, and, at its center, an enormous statue of Abraham Lincoln, one of the most important figures in the history of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment