Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Emanuel Blog 15




Filippo Brunelleschi build what is known today as the Brunelleschi Hall in the Palazzo di Parte Guelfa. I absolutely loved this structure at first glance. I thought the the exterior wall of the hall really  captured the exterior of one of his other works, the Basilica of San Lorenzo. In the following pictures, the one on the top is the exterior of the Brunelleschi Hall and the image on the bottom is the exterior of the Basilica. 
-Brunelleschi Hall
-Basilica

You can see the similarities in the use of the bricks as well as shape and color. I think the Brunelleschi was a great small project to practice for his other structures, which he often was found doing. I like the exposed columns on the interior of the building as well as the sharp contrast in the choice of wood with the choice of grey for the columns. One thing these two buildings have in common is their lack of windows. I find it interesting that there would not be a lot of windows on a building in such a hot city. With all that said I really enjoyed researching the Brunelleschi Hall in the Palazzo di Parte Guelfa.

No comments:

Post a Comment