Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Young- Blog 2

Image result for ou physical science center

Alright, let's talk about the OU Physical Sciences Center. Yes, I know, for many familiar with the campus, this is just about the ugliest building one could possibly imagine. Most students rejoice that they only have one or two classes here throughout their entire career. However, as a math major, I've had my fair share of classes here, and I firmly believe that this building is not as much of an architectural misstep as many suspect. Something about the way the starkly colored building rises up into the sky, towering above its neighbors, is remarkably appealing. The soft corners, clearly defined angles, basic and obvious design- these all give the building its own particular charm that seems to make a statement about the classes within. Regardless of first impressions, I couldn't really ask for a better home for the mathematics department.

No comments:

Post a Comment