Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Young- Blog 3




As a kid, I loved to read. My family would regularly go to the public library and come home with at least thirty books per child. However, when we moved to Oklahoma, the closest library was fairly far from home. As such, we made less trips to the library. Furthermore, when I went of to high school, homework and teenage jobs made it much harder for me to find time to read. About a year before I graduated, a new library opened only a block from my house. It was the most beautiful building I had ever seen. Partially dug out into a hill, with two entire walls of glass, it truly was a sight to behold. Once you went inside, you were further drawn in by the warm blue interior and its paneled wooden ceiling. This building awoke once more the feelings of my childhood, reminding me of all those fantasy worlds that I used to love so much.

1 comment: