Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Eldridge - Blog 16

National Air and Space Museum

With all due respect to the Louvre, my favorite museum as a child was the Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. Although it is boxed and gray I still like it. It's size and the glass that lets you pear inside is just awesome. It is a notoriously unattractive building though so my childhood nostalgia might be clouding my judgement. It was built purposely ugly as to not detract from the Capitol Building. But just walk inside...







This is why I joined the Air Force. Let's be real for a minute. Airplanes are cool, barbies are not. Sadly, the builders of the museum did a shoddy job (see first article in sources). The stones are sliding apart. Hopefully they get that fixed. I might need to visit my dad at some point to have an excuse to go back.

Sources:
http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post/25327/the-air-and-space-museum-needs-a-new-skin/
http://www.southeasterntraveler.com/blog/2013/08/flying-high-at-the-smithsonian-national-air-and-space-museum-in-washington-d-c/

No comments:

Post a Comment