Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Allensworth 13

This building is the San Francisco Federal Building by Thom Mayne. I am not a fan of this building. It seems to be dull unlike his other shiny modern buildings this seems to be dull and not somewhere you want to go inside. It seems almost like a prison, which is fitting as it is a federal building. the one thing I can say I do like the idea behind is that it is unlike any other federal building we think of when we think of federal buildings. Typically I think of red brick or grey rock with columns and a series of steps. I like how he decided to be different and decided to make a change with the way our country is. We are turning into a more modern world, and we must keep up with that in a sense. The random windows of different colors really really bugs the hell out of me since I am so OCD, and the asymmetrical opening to the right of the line of windows just rubs me wrong. Cool idea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment