Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Eaton Blog - 14


This is the Museum of African Art located in New York, New York done by the famed Maya Lin. One of the first things that catches my eye about this piece is the shape of the glass at the front entrance almost consistent with the art of ancient Egyptian culture. I looks like a hieroglyph of some sort and the dome-shaped roof is consistent with the east African structures built during the height of the Islamic movement. The combination of these gives a modern twist on the typical African structures that you'll see in past societies, yet sticks to the overall theme of the museum. I don't necessarily find this to be one of her more creative works, however I don find this to be one of her more thoughtful works.

1 comment:

  1. nice observations and nice project-I hadn't seen this before

    ReplyDelete