Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Meacham - Blog 6








One piece of architecture that I really enjoy is the Devon tower in downtown OKC. Since I have lived there my entire life, I been able to see the major change that the city has gone through the last decade or so. Growing up as kid in Oklahoma City, downtown was never really appealing to the eye. The tallest building was probably close to 30 stories and everything just seemed out-dated. I would always go to different places and see that they were really proud of their downtown skyline and I always wished that one day OKC would have a recognizable skyline too. Now that the Devon tower has been built, the entire skyline has been altered to center around the building, which is the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. It's solid glass look with the angles at the top really draws in the eyes of everyone around as it feels as tho it could go on forever. And at night with the colored lights running along the side, it almost seems like 

No comments:

Post a Comment