Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hunt, Amanda: Blog 10 (Mid-continent tower

Mid-Continent Tower
Tulsa, OK


Downtown Tulsa skyline has always been attractive to me. I grew up around this area and my father used to work in one of the hotels here, so I've heard many stories as we used to walk through the streets. One of the many buildings here that I enjoyed looking at is the Mid-Continent Tower. I liked it so much my senior year of high school, that I had the photographer talk the janitor into sneaking me up onto one of the balconies. The picture above is my senior picture on the first level balcony. If you were there and turned around you would see huge windows that looked into a meeting with a bunch of lawyers. They didn't seem to upset that I was there but we did have to quietly sneak by to get out the door. I also took many pictures in the foyer, which is much more magnificent in real life than photos. The janitor that let us upstairs also took us through the tunnel that goes underneath the street right outside the tower and connects to another skyscraper. It was exciting exploring this gorgeous building, and I will always remember my times there. 

            
Left to Right: 

No comments:

Post a Comment