Monday, June 22, 2015

Horn Blog 4



As a music major, there was a considerable amount of time spent at this stadium. Some of my favorite memories from college are seated in the cramped, crowded rows with the rest of the band. We would play for hours, even past our limit of sounding good. The best memory, however, goes all the way back to my first experience at our opening weekend my freshman year. Memorial Stadium holds 82,000 people. It was scary enough to step out that first pre-game, but the best and worst part came at the conclusion of the national anthem. As every OU football fan knows, "and the home of the SOONERS"  is the routine ending. I love the way in which the stadium seating is stacked. This design provides a unique environment for a listener on the field. Without exaggeration, this ending of the national anthem is so overwhelming, that I can remember forgetting that I was even on the field, much less that I was supposed to be marching.

No comments:

Post a Comment